I have to admit I was just as excited as my daughter to visit the American Girl store in New York City. It is located right near Rockefeller Plaza and is a must see if you have a special little girl in your life.
It is huge, packed full of gorgeous dolls with endless accessories that excite and inspire.
You can even build a doll to your own specifications if you so wish. Or you can dine at the cafe (with your doll or choose one from the selection in the cafe). Check out the brunch, afternoon tea, lunch and dinner menu here.
Alternatively, you can pamper your doll and your little girl at the salon and spa. Check out the signature salon treatments and book here. There is an American girl doll hospital for any dolls feeling under the weather.
There are so many dolls to choose from! My daughter ran around the two floors wide eyed with disbelief trying to decide which doll to buy.
Top Tips for visiting American Girl Store New York City!!
- Try to avoid the weekend if you can, as we found that it was a lot busier due to American tourists visiting the store.
- Allow at least an hour to have a good look around and choose the doll that you would like to buy.
- How much do they cost? An American girl doll & book retails for US$115.00. My daughter fell in love with the smaller Wellie Wisher dolls which retails at US$60. We bought a cute little bag for her doll to travel in and some very cute outfits.
- Nearby attractions include Rockefeller Plaza, Top of the Rock, the Lego Shop, FAO Schwartz & the Nintendo shop.
- Hungry? Visit Bill’s Bar & Burger or grab a coffee at Blue Bottle Coffee. Have some ice cream at Ben & Jerry’s nearby at Rockefeller Plaza (yum yum yum – try “The Tonight Dough” named after the “Tonight Show”).
- Check out NBC studio’s nearby!
Interactive experiences add to the fun!!
Interested in visiting Australia? Check out my crocodile adventure!